Health & Fitness
The Gym is now open.
From Monday 17th May you no longer need to book the Gym in advance. Just turn up to reception and register.
How we are making our Gym safe?
Because of COVID-19, our gym cleaning standards across our centre has increased.
Staff will be cleaning the gym, equipment and spaces with disinfectant regularly throughout the day and giving the gym a deep clean every night.
When you attend the gym, we ask that you:
- Use the gym cleaning stations that have hand sanitiser, medical-grade disinfectant and tissue regularly.
- Wipe down machines, weights or mats before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Attend your session alone to conduct solo gym workouts. This means you won’t be able to use any equipment that requires a spotter.
- Arrive on time. If you arrive early, you’ll need to queue outside and if you arrive late, you won’t be allowed access to the centre.
- Be changed into your activity clothes and shower at home as you won’t be able to shower at the Centre.
- Bring your own water bottle and hand sanitiser, if possible. The café will be open to purchase water.
- Any bags must be placed in a locker.
Please DO NOT ATTEND if you feel unwell or have symptoms of COVID-19
The YMCA Maidstone offers a variety of activities and clubs to help you get fit or keep fit. With a state of the art fitness suite, exercise classes, football pitches, sports hall and childrens activity programme there are many ways for you or your famly to enjoy being active.
For adults we have a Gym, a wide range of Exercise classes from Yoga and Pilates to Zumba and Spin, Badminton Courts, all weather Football Pitches and Personal Training Sessions.